Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Valentine and a Scrapbook Layout



I found a new challenge blog featuring sketches for cards and scrapbook layouts. Over at Just My Sketches and the Blend Deanne Burton has come up with a great idea to stimulate our creativity. She features sketches and then twists things up by having you blend the sketch with a song. One of these days I will figure out how to create a link to get to a blog with just one click. For now, go to http://www.a-scrapaddicts-sketches.blogspot.com/ The valentine is for my husband. He never checks my blog so I am sure it will remain a suprise. The house layout is for a heritage scrapbook I am making about my Father-in-law who sadly passed away 2 weeks ago. The first picture of the house was taken in the 1940's and the second picture is how it looks today.
Siku and Shiya Valentine
Song: Love's Divine by Seal
Image: Siku and Shiya from Mo's Digital Pencil
Copics: E50, E31, E21, C1, C3, B93, B95, BG10, RV10
Heart Border: Martha Stewart border punch
Scalloped square: Mini Monograms Cricut cart cut at 4.25 inches
Love: Home Decor Cricut cart cut at 1.25 inches
Heart: Home Decor Cricut cart cut at 1.25 inches
Stardust stickles on the heart and girls coat
Pink Pebbles
Home Scrapbook Layout
Song: Home by Michael Buble
Home: Home Accents cricut cart cut at 2 inches
Circles: Home Accents Cricut cart cut at 1.5 inches

2 comments:

Pinklady50 said...

I'm so in love with this card. You do fantastic job coloring. Love the papers!

Laurel said...

Love it! to create a link what you do is: first of all, have the blog or link opened as well as your blog. Make your blog post like you normally would but type the name of the link or word that you want linked (eg. Just My Sketches) then you highlight it. Copy the http link from the opened site, then back in your blog post where the item is highlighted if you scroll along the top one of the choices is link, click on that, paste the link and click ok. Now when you publish, Just My Sketches will be linked to their website.