Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrating Mother's Day Blog Hop

At Just My Sketches the design team is showing our appreciation for everything mothers do by celebrating Mother's Day all week long in a blog hop. The hop officially kicks off at 9 am (NFLD time zone) on Sunday, May 9th and ends at midnight on Friday, May 14th. There are 18 stops along the way, some have blog candy up for grabs. In your travels don't forget to collect the words to complete the quote and take it back to Just My Sketches and the Blend to enter the major prize drawing worth $30! If you have just found the blog hop here, please go back to JMS to the start of the hop. If you have been hopping along you will have come from Janice's blog.


Here is my take on the layout sketch. These are my grandparents with my mother on her baptism day. I chose the song Baby Mine by Bette Midler to blend with the sketch. Each day of the hop I plan to add another layout featuring one of the great moms in my life.

Layout details:
Baby Carriage: Heritage Cricut cart cut at 3.5 inches
Word Baby: Heritage Cricut cart cut at 2.25 inches
Baby bonnet: Heritge Cricut cart cut at 3 inches
Frame for journaling: A Child's Year Cricut cart cut at 2.25 and 2.5 inches
Flower accents: Home Decor Cricut cart cut at 1.75, 1.5 and 1.25 inches
Scalloped circle: Doily cut on Easter Cricut cart cut at 5 inches
Embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Martha Stewart around the page border punch
Ink: CTMH Desert Sand
I am offering a prize of a $10 gift card to Joanns for a little crafty shopping. All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post and a way to get in contact with you if you win.
Here are the words you need to collect from me for the grand prize drawing: I May
The next stop on the blog hop is Annmaree

17 comments:

anazelia said...

simply lovely page. beautiful. happy mothers day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Page!

TeenaBugg38 said...

ohhh that is totally beautiful!!! I need a cricut!!!!

Teenabugg38@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Just a beautiful page!!!

Angela Khan said...

B-E-A-Utiful!! Enjoying the hop! Would love for you to check out my blog and let me know what you think. Blog candy awarded to a couple lucky followers!

www.scrappin-for-sanity.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Lovely page! Nice job!

Gramjak said...

I adore your baptism page -- what a great heritage memory for your children to keep.

Cherish the memories always!

kastenc@sbcglobal.net

Colleen said...

That is just so sweet.

lovettecolleen@yahoo.com

racinggrandma61 said...

Great page and great blog

LGanske61@msn.com

Sandy Hentzel said...

Loe all the Cricut cuts!

~L said...

such an awesome LO!

lisanj_2003@yahoo.com

Jean Marie said...

Such a pretty lo!! love the soft colors and the way they showcase your wonderful photo!!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous LO! Thanks for the great challenge too!

Nicole Brenna said...

thanks for the opportunity to win a great prize... chicky78@yahoo.com

Ujjwal said...

Lovely Page!!

Unknown said...

Just so beautiful, love it. Stop by my blog I have a surprise for you.

Unknown said...

Love it!! The embossed diecuts are perfect!
mommarobin@gmail.com