Thursday, April 14, 2011

Craft Us Crazy Challenge #6

Today is a bittersweet day for me. Today marks the start of another fun challenge at Craft Us Crazy and this challenge will be my last as part of the Craft Us Crazy DT. I have decided to step down from the DT due to time constraints. This spring and summer will be very busy for me with gardening and I would hate to not be able to devote as much quality time to my crafting projects for the DT team. The theme for this challenge is "Thinking Of You" You can make any type of craft project, using any crafting medium as long as you follow the theme. For my DT project, I used the image Penelope Puppy from Robin's Fetish.

The braided ribbon around the image is one long piece of ribbon that is braided using loops. A friend told me this type of braiding is called "Monkey Braiding" One of these days, I will try and have a picture tutorial on how to braid using this method. I learned how to braid using this technique about 25 years ago and it really is fairly easy to do. It is just getting started that can be challenging.

7 comments:

Lori said...

What a cute card - such pretty spring colors! Love the frame you created...

June Houck said...

Your card and ribbon braiding are spectacular. What a way to go out with a BANG!

Enjoy your gardening :)

Unknown said...

Hi Julie, you and me both having time issues :) Well lyou certainly outdid yourself on this last card. I just love what you did, with that braided ribbon, gorgeous!! HUgs, Frea

Berry said...

This is so sweet Julie i love the colours on this so soft hugs Rebekah xx

MaryB said...

I will miss you but I know all about time constaints. This card is stunning and that braid is fabulous.

kim.mom said...

LOVE the scallops!!! The way you framed the image is GORGEOUS!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your darling card & I love that "monkey braiding". I didn't know that's what it was called. LOL I used to do that myself. hhhhmmm Now you've got me thinking. LOL

You & your lovely creations will be missed on the CUC Design Team!

Huggies ~
Sharron♥