Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Peace


 
 
I saw a twisted easel card with a tea light on Pintrest. 
It was so pretty and I just had to give it a try. I found a wonderful
tutorial at Dawns Stamping Studio called Christmas Peek a boo easel card.
 I followed her dirctions but did change the size of my card
because the stamp I wanted to use was larger. 
My card measures 4.5 x 6
I don't own any of the stampin up supplies she used so I used my
spellbinders dies to cut out the circles.  I am saving the circles for another project. 
I wish I was able to get a decent picture showing the candle glowing behind the vellum.
Trust me when I say it is Beautiful!
 
Card Details:
Twisted Easel Tea Light card
Stamps: clear stamps bought at Michaels
Spellbinders circle, scalloped circle, ribbon tag, leaf and poinsettia dies
Martha Steward border punch
Bronze embossing powder
 
entered in following challenges:
flourishes: Negative energy (I used my spellbinders to cut out cicle openings in my cardstock)
Ribbon Carousel:  Holidays and celebrations



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

My goodness, your card is beautiful! I love the idea of the light behind the vellum...I'm going to check that link out right now, thanks SO much for all your "negative energy" in the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week! ;)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning project Ginny♥

Allison Cope said...

Totally in love with your card Julie! What a cool fold. Great use of the negative die cut too! Thanks for playing along with our Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" this week.